Marketing Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme support the under mentioned activities:
- Assist exporters for export promotion activities abroad.
- Assist Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) to undertake export promotion activities for their products and commodities.
- Assist Focus export promotion programs in specific regions abroad like FOCUS Latin America (LAC), Africa, ASEAN Countries, Australia & New Zealand.
- Assist on travel expenses by air
- Assist in setting up a stall in the fair
Eligibility for an Exporter for MDA Assistance
- Exporting companies with a FOB value of exports of up to Rs. 30 crores in the preceding year
- This will be subject to the condition that the exporter has completed 12 months membership with concerned EPC.
- No such ceiling is applicable for participation in Focus LAC region.
Air Freight Subsidy On Horticulture And Floriculture Exports:
In order to make exports of horticulture (i.e. specified fresh fruits, and specified fresh vegetables) and floriculture products competitive in the world market, the government grants air freight subsidy on selected fruits and floriculture items.
New External Marketing Assistance Scheme For Jute:
The scheme grants market assistance at the rate of 5% of the FOB value on realization for specified diversified products. The benefit under the scheme is available to both manufacturer exporters and merchant exporters.