Features of Importer Exporter Code Number (IEC Code)
- It’s a unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT
- To import or export in India, IED code is mandatory
- IEC to be applied by the head office or registered office of the company irrespective of the no. of branch offices.
- Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN card
- If more than one IEC is allotted then it should be surrender to DGFT for cancellation
- An IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for its branches/units/factory
- To apply for IEC code you have to fill “Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A”
- If IEC number is lost, DGFT may consider request to grant a duplicate copy
- If IEC holder does not wish to operate, he may surrender the same by informing the DGFT
- Any modification required should be communicated to licensing authorities within 90 days by filling modification part C of ANF2
- IEC no. is shared by DGFT to all the customs code & airports in the country & also to the banks.
- After generation of IEC code, customs people generate BIN (Business Identification number)