Registration Cum Membership Certificate RCMC:
- Obtaining RCMC is not a legal binding i.e. it is not required in terms of FTD&R Act 1992
- Export promotion organization (EPO) issues RCMC
- RCMC enables exporter to obtain benefits concessions under the FTP
- For exporting any restricted item is mandatory to obtain RCMC
- Any sorts of permission require by an exporter from licensing authority (DGFT), RCMC is the must.
- In absence of RCMC, exporter can’t obtain the incentive
- After obtaining of RCMC, exporter gets the tag of Registered Exporter. All exporters are supposed to a registered exporter.
- RCMC has a validity of 5 years i.e. 1st April (1st Year) to 31st Mar (5th year)
- It’s only mandatory to exporter & not to an importer.