Types of cargo carrying vessels
- General Cargo Vessels
- Dry but carriers
- Multi-purpose vessels
- Reefer Ships
General Cargo Vessels:
- It carries packaged items like chemicals, Foods, Furniture, machinery, motor & military vehicles, footwear, garments etc.
- It carries petroleum products or other liquid cargo
Dry Bulk Carrier:
- It carriers coal, grain, ore, pulses, wheat & other similar products in loose form.
- As the name suggests, carry different classes of cargo e.g. liquid cargo & general cargo at the same time.
A Reefer (Refrigerated) ship:
- It is specifically designed & used for shipping perishable commodities which require very low temperature, mostly fruits, meat, fish, vegetables, dairy products & other foodstuffs.